Monday, 14 January 2013

Liebster Blog Award

2013 was going to be amazing, but to start it off with an award? Splendiforous!
Thankyou to Jessica and Lyndsay at The Little Black Book Blog for nominating me. I am very honoured (and a little speechless) to be a recipient of this fabulous award. The Liebster was a real confidence booster and it makes me thankful for the incredible awesomeness known as the book community.
______________________________________________________________________________



The rules of the Liebster Award are as follows:

1. Thank your Liebster Blog Award presenter on your blog and link back to the blogger who presented this award to you;


2. Answer the 11 questions from the nominator, list 11 random facts about yourself and create 11 questions for your nominees;


3. Present the Liebster Blog Award to 11 blogs of 200 followers or less who you feel deserve to be noticed and leave a comment on their blog letting them know they have been chosen. (No tag backs)


4. Copy and Paste the blog award on your blog.

_________________________________________________________________________________

Questions from the nominators

1. What is your favorite book of all time and why?
Okay, this is a hard question. My favourite book of all time is probably The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern because the love story is so magical (literally!). The atmosphere and every personality is described exquisitely and everything just fitted together so well.  
 
2. If you had to choose between never eating chocolate or never eating cheese again which would you choose?
If I had to choose between never eating chocolate or never eating cheese again I would choose to never eat cheese again. It's not that I don't like cheese but chocolate is...chocolate.
 
3. Who are your top three book boyfriends?
My top three book boyfriends (in no particular order, I can't choose):
1 Luca from The Things we did for Love by Natasha Farrant
2 Akiva (Yes I know he's an angel) from Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor
3 Tucker from Unearthly by Cynthia Hand
I have to say this one...Romeo from Romeo and Juliet
 
4. Which actor could you match with your number one book boyfriend?
Leonardo de Caprio in Titanic?

5. If you could go anywhere in the world where would you go?
If I could go anywhere in the world I would go for a tour in England of all the historical castles and historical sites. I would also go bicycle riding in London.

6. Where is your favorite place to read a book?
My favourite place to read a book is on my bed. Comfy. But the beach is also a nice place to read.

7. Are you planning to attend any book signings this year and if yes, which one(s)?
No I don't plan to unfortunately. I can be quite spontaneous though so you never know.

8. What was the first book you ever reviewed?
The first book I ever reviewed was Juliet by Anne Forteir on Goodreads.

9. What book character can you relate to the most?
The book character that I can relate to the most is Penelope from A Rogue by any name by Sarah Maclean. The way that she waits for someone to sweep her off her feet.

10. If you could see any book made into a movie, what book would it be?
I can see the book Cinder by Marissa Meyer being made into a movie. However, I don't like books getting made into movies so...please don't make a movie of this. Unless you can make it live up to my imagination.

11. What made you want to start blogging?
I started my book blog; Flurried Thoughts called Book Reviews, because I wanted to help authors by providing reviews and also because I like spreading the word about the books I read...so why not tell the whole world? Book blogging also gives me an insight into the world of reviewing and editing, an option that I might want to explore when older. Lastly, putting pen to paper (wait...finger to keyboard) helps me to organise my extreme passion and sometimes exaggerated critisicsm for a novel and these take form as reviews.
 __________________________________________________________________________________

11 Random Facts about myself
1. I'm a hopeless romantic. I surround myself with tragedies and love stories. Wherefore art thou Romeo?

2. I'm a musician. When I'm not reading, reviewing or bicycle riding (see below), I'm playing the piano, oboe or guitar.

3. I love bicycle riding, however I'm not a fan of lycra. I like to combine style with riding. Search Cycle Chic on the web...it's a whole movement!

4. I'm all for girly vintage and classic in fashion (and bicycles, vintage style bicycles ). However, I can't stand old clothes/books smell. Sometimes I over-do the vintage thing in my room decorating (think pastel colours and roses).

5.  I like to drink bubble tea, rooibos tea and lemon lime bitters (not mixed together ☺)

6.  Well this one's obvious.  I love to read! Hopefully many explanations are conveyed in those four words.

7.  I love my dogs. I swear the little bundles of fluff are the cutest animals on Earth.

8. I always wanted to try archery properly...

9.  I love to dance. I'm a ballet dancer and do spend quite some time in my pointe shoes (toe shoes).

10. Downton Abbey is my favourite television series. It's so addictive!

11. I like attending the theatre to see ballets, operas and musicals.

________________________________________________________________________________

These are my nominees (in no particular order)

These are blogs I believe should receive recognition. Some are quite new so I think this is a great way to introduce them. Please visit them and have fun!

Sarah         @ That Teenage Feeling
Erfa           @ Bring on the Ink
Summer    @ Miss Fictional's World of Young Adult Books
Kezia        @ Pansycake Reader
Megan      @ Southern Owl Reads
Faye         @ The Social Potato
Florentine@ READiculously Peachy
Sab           @ Sab the Book Eater
Ali            @ From Bows to Books

_________________________________________________________________________________

Questions for my nominees

1. What is your favourite book of all time and why?
2. Would you go to your favourite place in the world alone or stay at home with your best friends?
3. What books can you see getting made into movies?
4. Who are your top three book boyfriends?
5. If you were to write a book what would be your main characters' names?
6. Print or eBook?
7. What's your favourite passtime apart from reading and reviewing?
8. Samsung Galaxy or Iphone 5?
9. What got you into blogging?
10. What book character can you relate to?
11. Oreos in milk: To dip or not to dip?



3 comments:

  1. Thanks for adding your link to my book nerd blog exchange.
    Lisa from I Feel So Unnecessary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for nominating me :') I couldn't say anything - I really appreciate it :))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey! It's been a while but just wanted to let you know that I finally posted my Liebster award post with answers to your questions! See them
    here :)
    Thanks again for nominating! ;)

    See you around!

    Florentine
    Readiculously-Peachy

    ReplyDelete